To begin with no lyrics but with numbers and statistics, check this out:
- According to CMO, almost 73% of questioned publishers across the US already offer the native advertising monetization option, 17% are going to start offering it in the near future, and just 10% do not have such plans at all.
- 81% of marketing specialists use native ads to increase audience engagement and brand awareness.
- Potential customers click native ads 25% more than banners. Impressions are 53% higher. The click rate for banners is just 2.7 times per session while CTR for native ads is 4.1.
- Potential consumers are ready to share native ads with their friends more likely (32% vs 19% for banners). Statistics from CMO show that 18% of visitors are ready to make a purchase after viewing native ads.
Utilizing Native Ads for Boosting Brand Visibility
Native advertising is just a kind of paid advertising, however, it looks more organic among usual texts. They are shareable and are even viral sometimes. Users pay attention to native ads more often due to ‘banner blindness’, a phenomenon on the Internet nowadays, where people just don’t notice text and banner ads while scrolling through web pages.
Creative advertising is perceived by people as better due to the unlikeliness of the usual ads environment.
It is an already known fact, so what you need is how to properly utilize this method.
Best tips for using native ads
Use ONLY relevant channels.
What seems obvious is often ignored by marketers and native ads publishers. For every sponsored post, the probability that it will be seen by a lot of users increases, however, it doesn’t mean that all of them will be as effective. As long as budgets change, choosing a couple of efficient channels instead of dozens of ineffective ones is better.
Where you can search for the best placements:
- Industry news websites;
- Online magazines and newspapers;
- Thematic blogs;
- Groups on social networks.
If you recall the Pareto principle, keep in mind that 20% of your effort will bring 80% revenue. So, filter your list of digital media resources and choose only the most suitable ones that are visited only by your target audience.
Customize your content
Every website has its unique style. No one posts long reads to Buzz Feed and no one publishes news about entertainment on Financial Times.
Your posts or articles have to be written according to the media portals’ style.
Care of quality
First of all, don’t create guest posts just for the sake of their amount. Remember that your business serves your audience, it solves their problems, and brings new insights. A compelling content that wakes up readers’ interest is the best instrument for creating that viral effect.
Choose a fascinating, attention-grabbing topic and mention your product or service accurately at the right places.
Measure your results
No content can be called profitable and efficient until it is measured. This can be done by linking it to a landing page. From there, you can monitor the click rate.
However, you can track engagement your post creates: likes, shares, comments, time on page, and so on.
Native Ads and Increasing Brand Awareness
Using the right channels and proper content are the keys to boosting your brand visibility across the Internet and getting the attention of your potential audience. In our Monetization article, we shared the best practices for native ads. Nevertheless, this method of advertising provides you with freedom so you can experiment, test, and create new approaches.